Posted on March 22, 2015
The other day I had an enlightening idea pop into my head while I was doing a little baking. Marketing is a lot like baking chocolate chip cookies.
You might think I am totally absurd, but today I will prove to you that is certainly not the case.
You see, when you make chocolate chip cookies, you need to have the PERFECT blend of ingredients if you want to make the best possible chocolate chip cookies.
First, let's talk about chocolate. While chocolate is a delicious ingredient in the cookies, it is not the only necessary item in this recipe.
Next, there are the other ingredients that make up the mouth-watering taste of a chocolate chip cookie. These include butter, sugar, eggs, flour, etc. While they might not taste quite as fabulous by themselves, they still make up a huge part of what makes a cookie a cookie. Just as with cookies, you need certain ingredients to make up your overall marketing plan. These marketing medium may include:
It is the combination of all of the ingredients that make it such a scrumptious concoction! This is exactly how we want to help you with your business. We realize social media shouldn't stand alone, but rather be incorporated with other fantastic marketing channels.
Now, if this post has not made your tummy rumble, then who knows what will. Just in case we struck a nerve with your sweet tooth, here is my favorite recipe for chocolate chip cookies, given to me by my sister-in-law.
Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
(Makes about 3 dozen cookies)
By Courtney DeShong
- 1 c flour
- 1 small pkg instant vanilla pudding
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ½ c packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 -12 oz pkg mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and pudding mix in small bowl.
- Beat butter in large mixing bowl on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar and mix well.
- Beat in egg and egg white.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoon 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until set. Cool on baking sheets 2-3 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
While you are munching on your new cherished treat, feel free to contact us about helping you with your digital marketing needs!